"My family literally comes running when they smell this bread baking." Between the thick chocolate layer and the crumbly topping, this bread is simply scrumptious! Sherry Lee Columbus, Ohio
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, stir the flour, brown sugar, peanut butter and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Divide half of the batter between two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans; sprinkle with half of the topping. Top with chocolate chips. Repeat layers of batter and topping.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Peanut Butter Banana Bread in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p42
Reviews for Peanut Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review