Party Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Arrange cheese slices in cuts. Drizzle butter mixture over bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Party Cheese Bread
Sort By :
I don't understand how anyone who hasn't made this as written, can rate it appropriately. I wanted to see reviews from people who actually made this.
I have not yet made this either, but I think it will be delish and also I just had to give praise to kschintone. THANK YOU! I want to copy your response and post it on all the other recipe sites I visit. I'll rate it 5 stars to offset your 3-star rating :-)
Thanksfor speaking up Fuschia2000. This bread is delicious.
Fuschia2000 you are 100% correct. We often sit around and laugh at the posts that change 80% of the ingredients and then say they didn't like the recipe. That and the folks who find it necessary to inform us that there is too much; fat, sugar, meat, dairy or whatever in the recipe they have not tried. If you have a problem with the ingredients.........do not make the recipe. Oh and shut up! We can all read and we have all been cooking for a while. We understand ingredients, you are NOT the great shining light of culinary correctness. Rant over, thank you. I'm giving a 3 only because I am forced to rate and having not made the bread I want to be as neutral as possible.
This sounds great--if you live in California! In Waterloo, IA, we unfortunately do not have access to REAL sourdough!