Party Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Arrange cheese slices in cuts. Drizzle butter mixture over bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Party Cheese Bread
Sort By :
"great, easy & very pretty appetizer..I too added bacon over the top..guys loved it ,while watching football."
"It also makes no sense to comment/complain about other ratings, give the recipe one star in order to do so, but give no actual feedback on the recipe. It takes away from the true rating for the recipe.I did make this bread and it was delicious! I added crumbled bacon to the top and served it at a brunch tailgate. I will probably shred the cheese next time to allow better, more even melting."
"Amen Masterpiece. What good does it do to say they haven';t tired it, tasted it, or made it???? Hold REVIEW until AFTER you have actually attempted this or at least tasted it..."
"I don't understand how anyone who hasn't made this as written, can rate it appropriately. I wanted to see reviews from people who actually made this."
"I have not yet made this either, but I think it will be delish and also I just had to give praise to kschintone. THANK YOU! I want to copy your response and post it on all the other recipe sites I visit. I'll rate it 5 stars to offset your 3-star rating :-)"