Party Spinach Spread
This appetizer is delicious, easy and pretty, too! Everyone who tries it asks for the recipe. The spread keeps for several days, so it's great for making in advance for a party. But once you put it out, it won't last long! —Maire Macy, Fort Collins, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, about 2/3 cup
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, stems trimmed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Thaw spinach and drain thoroughly, squeezing out extra liquid. Wash parsley; pat dry on paper toweling. In food processor, chop parsley using steel blade. Add spinach and remaining ingredients; pulse until combined. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Serve with thin wheat crackers, buttery crackers or celery and cheese sticks.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 74 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Party Spinach Spread in Country April/May 1990