- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings from skillet.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour into skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Carefully return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oregano Olive Chicken
Sort By :
This is a wonderful, flavorful recipe. I made it with dried herbs this time, but will try it with fresh if I have them on hand next time. Only improvement is that I'd double the sauce recipe--I think it would be wonderful served over a little pasta.
so easy and family friendly (my son loves olives). the sauce is delish!
I have made this several times and it is delicious. I have never used mint or thyme in it. I usually use thighs or boneless breasts. The olive & capers just give it a really different taste than "same old chicken".
I'm sure you can leave out the fresh mint if it is too hard for you to find. There's no reason to get frustrated over something so silly.
I don't know what big grocery chains you might have in Nebraska, but you should check out their produce department. Many of them carry fresh herbs. Target Super Stores, Trader Joe's or Whole Foods might be your best bets. This recipe sounds like it would be worth the effort!
Good Luck ~ Kitzer
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >