I've been known to make this recipe twice a week—it's so delicious. I like to call it "sticky chicken" since the slightly sweet sauce of honey, lemon juice and hers nicely coats the chicken thighs.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the lemon juice, honey, oil, garlic and oregano; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 375° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Oregano-Lemon Chicken Thighs in Country Extra November 2004, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Oregano-Lemon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review