Onion-Garlic Hash Browns Recipe
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter and oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the hash browns, salt, pepper and pepper sauce if desired.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Onion-Garlic Hash Browns in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p30
Reviews for Onion-Garlic Hash Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review