Onion & Garlic Biscuits
Bake a dozen of these oniony, herby biscuits for a little something new in the holiday bread basket. They're also awesome with a bowl of chili, soup or stew. —L. Dorow, Fairmont, MN
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, thyme and onion mixture; make a well in center. Pour milk into well; stir just until moistened. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 101 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Onion & Garlic Biscuits in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016