Green Onion Biscuits
The savory flavor of green onions comes through in these easy drop biscuits that are best right out of the oven. They have a crusty exterior and soft interior. -Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the buttermilk, onions and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops with butter-flavored spray. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 85 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Green Onion Biscuits in Light & Tasty February/March 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.