- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, cocoa and vanilla.
- Working quickly, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for No-Bake Chocolate Oat Cookies
Sort By :
Love these. They are so easy to make. I was thinking that I might add some peanut butter to the recipe the next time I make this. I'm glad to see others have already done this with good results. Thanks for sharing.
I also added peanut butter to the liquid mixture after boiling it... turned out great!
I've been making these for years they are great. I also add peanut butter to my recipe and it makes them even tastier. I just add half cup of it to mixture. i leave out the coconut since some of my grandkids like it and some dont.
Yes, I have used Splenda in this cookie - comes out fine! Also use it in most of my pies/no problems.
Could you use the regular Smart Balance in this recipe instead of butter or margarine?