White Almond No-Bake Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in baking chips and extract until smooth. Add oats and, if desired, cherries; stir until coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 101 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2019
A friend made these cookies and I really liked them, so I got the recipe and took a batch to church. I got great reviews and requests for the recipe. So in my book, this recipe is a winner!
Dec 8, 2016
I was looking for easy and gluten free. Using gluten free oats, these fit the bill. But they were so sweet we couldn't eat them. And they had an artificial taste. I don't know why as I used pure almond extract. We threw them away.