No-Bake Ginger Cookies
One of my favorite desserts in England was a cake featuring chocolate and ginger. When I came home, I tried creating different recipes using these flavors. This is easy to make and tastes fantastic! —Jennifer Warner, Huntertown, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chocolate frosting
- 4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 80 cookies)
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until blended. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with bottom of glass. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Store cookies between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw at room temperature before serving.
Originally published as Chocolate Ginger No Bake Balls in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.