No-Bake Ginger Cookies
One of my favorite desserts in England was a cake featuring chocolate and ginger. When I came home, I tried creating different recipes using these flavors. This is easy to make and tastes fantastic! —Jennifer Warner, Huntertown, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chocolate frosting
- 4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 80 cookies)
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until blended. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with bottom of glass. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Store cookies between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw at room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 69 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Ginger No Bake Balls in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.