No-Bake Chocolate Oat Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, cocoa and vanilla.
- Working quickly, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 108 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 25, 2015
Used 2% milk because it was what I had on hand and based on other comments, stirred in 1/2 c. peanut butter. Perfect...exactly what I remember no-bake cookies tasting like!
Dec 1, 2013
Love these. They are so easy to make. I was thinking that I might add some peanut butter to the recipe the next time I make this. I'm glad to see others have already done this with good results. Thanks for sharing.
Jul 2, 2013
I also added peanut butter to the liquid mixture after boiling it... turned out great!
Jan 1, 2012
I've been making these for years they are great. I also add peanut butter to my recipe and it makes them even tastier. I just add half cup of it to mixture. i leave out the coconut since some of my grandkids like it and some dont.
May 12, 2009
Yes, I have used Splenda in this cookie - comes out fine! Also use it in most of my pies/no problems.
Dec 16, 2008
Could you use the regular Smart Balance in this recipe instead of butter or margarine?
Nov 21, 2008
Can Splenda be replace for the sugar in the great sounding recipe?1698_lady!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.