No-Bake Fudgy Oat Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine oats and coconut; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine milk and butter. Stir in sugar and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Add oat mixture; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto waxed paper. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 184 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 4, 2012
These cookies were just ok for me. They were not as good as the recipe for no bakes that uses peanut butter. I will not be using this recipe again.
Aug 20, 2012
Too much sugar-- Sorry but I cant bite into these without feeling like my teeth will disintegrate!
May 19, 2012
Everyone loved these. I put a little kosher salt on some after I put them on the waxedpaper (before they firmed up) and on someI added chopped walnuts. Will make again!
Mar 23, 2012
these are great
Jan 29, 2012
Thank you for Posting this recipe. I loved it as a kid, I made it for my inlaws and they invited me back, to make it again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.