- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained, warmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place chips in a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon over chips. Top with beans, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Nacho Pie
"My husband loved this recipe. I changed a few items: I added one envelope of taco seasoning to the ground beef and used cheddar cheese. I have cooked for many years and can read a recipe and know what I should change to make it to my taste.I will absolutely make this recipe again."
"Really good and easy. Family wants it again. I stirred meat, beans and sauce all together and warmed them in skillet before baking. Used cheddar because that's what I had."
"I used cheddar cheese and this was very good. Puting chips around the edge as in the picture was a good idea to make it more snackable. Julie, San Diego"