- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and pepper over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add rice; heat through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Spanish Rice
"It tasted very bland, like it was missing something, maybe more salt or more of the seasonings. I followed the recipe but I didn't like it."
"This is similar to my recipe only I fry bacon, cook the hamburger and veggies in the bacon fat, stir in crumbled bacon at the end. I use this mixture in my stuffed cabbage and stuffed peppers. Delicious."
"This recipe is outstanding! It was quick and easy to make and tasted absolutely delicious. I can't wait to make it again!"