Mom’s Green Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. stir in the broth, rice, green pepper, parsley and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Top with cheese if desired; bake 3 minutes longer or until melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 235 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2010
Eight years ago I made this recipe when I was a newly-wed. We've moved so many times that I lost the Taste of Home magazine that I got it out of. I just found the website, did a search, and I am so pleased with the results (FOUND IT!)I don't care for rice and it's difficult to get your greens into a meal, but this is really tasty. I would recommend it to everyone, but you know what your tastes are : )