- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 20 lettuce leaves
- 20 miniature croissants, split
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, mushrooms and peppers; stir in sour cream mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in bacon and pecans. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken salad onto each lettuce-lined croissant. Yield: 20 sandwiches.
Reviews forMini Chicken Salad Croissants
"These croissant sandwiches are absolutely delicious. I did add the sliced grapes as well as the green pepper and we loved it. I am already planning on serving them at a meeting next month. Delicious.I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"Great summertime sandwich!"
"I added some garlic powder and it made all the flavors come together. This would be good to use up any leftover turkey, too."
"I prepared this recipe for a small group of ladies; served it with some condiments and a fruit salad. It was a big hit and really did make exactly 20!!LJRose Schaumburg, IL"
"Excellent flavour and I added a little green onion to it as well."