This is the perfect recipe when you're hungry for a dish with Mexican flavor and want to use turkey. These roll-ups are fun and so tasty, even kids like them. It's a different use for leftover turkey. —Marlene Muckenhirn, Delano, Minnesota
Featured In: 75 Winning Recipes For Your Super Bowl Potluck
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Additional salsa and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a bowl, combine turkey, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning, half of the soup, 1 cup cheese, onion, salsa and olives. Place 1/3 cup filling on each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine remaining sour cream, taco seasoning and soup; pour over tortillas. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes. Top with additional salsa and sliced ripe olives if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Turkey Roll-Ups in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p33
Reviews for Mexican Turkey Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 27, 2010
"I've been making this recipe ever since it first came out. My family thinks it's wonderful. I usually use leftover chicken in place of the turkey. It's so delicious served with lots of of fresh romaine lettuce and diced tomatoes on top. Lady Bird"