- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Alfredo(42)
Sort By :
This is sooooooooooo good!!!! Going in my Favorites!
This was a tasty meal. The alfredo with the taco seasoning was a very interesting combo.
Very tasty although I didn't use all the onion and added a little more grated Parmesan. Mild enough for those like myself who enjoy the spicy flavor without the burn. Would probably be good with shredded chicken, green onion, and maybe some mozzarella and sour cream.
This turned out WAY too oniony. Just not good.
Needs more taco seasoning than the recipe calls for originally. Had extremely high hopes for this dish and was somewhat disappointed with the outcome. It actually tasted better the day after, reheated in the microwave.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Alfredo >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >