- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Alfredo
Sort By :
We really liked this dish! I have a friend who thinks everything is hot including salsa so we put sour cream on top and she even thought it was delicious! I was out of milk so I used buttermilk.
This recipe is a new favorite in our house. I agree with other reviewers and will increase the amount of taco seasoning next time but it was still delicious.
I made this dish for my family and everyone loved it! Now, it is a favorite of my sisters and she makes it for her friends and family. I made it exactly as stated. Makes yummy leftovers for lunch the next day!
Oh so good! I made 1/2 a recipe and changed 2 things...I used leftover chicken (worked very nice) and a 1/2 package of taco seasoning. I will make this again.
I really wanted to like this. Love pasta, love Mexican & love alfredo. Only changes made were, based on other reviews, added whole pkg. of taco seasoning & a 7 oz. can of green chilies. Sorry, but just tasted like a glorified mac & cheese.