- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Alfredo(37)
Sort By :
This recipe is wonderful. I read the reviews beforehand and therefore used fajita seasoning in place of the taco seasoning which gave it a little more kick, I also added more Parmesan cheese and used natural cut salsa in place of regular salsa. It was awesome and will make it again. It is a lot like a dish that Red Robin used to serve.
Oh my goodness this is so delish! The first time I made it as written, except I made my own alfredo. The second time I added a little more salsa and taco seasoning. SO GOOD!!! Couldn't find gemelli, but had cavatappi on hand. It soaked up too much sauce for me, the next time I used mini bow ties. It was easier to eat for my 1 and 3 year old.
I boiled the chicken with onion, green pepper, fresh garlic, Salt & Pepper. Drained it all out and then I shredded it. I added an entire bottle of Salsa and 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese. Next time I may add Sour Cream too. Got rave reviews from teenagers and adults.
I made this today and it was absolutely wonderful!!! I only made half the recipe since there is only 2 of us and it was perfect. Like others, I added more taco seasoning and put some cheese on top for the last 5 minutes. I was super good!!
Everyone loved it! Next time I'm going to try medium salsa verde. I have hungry teenage boys so I doubled the recipe and made 2 9x12s and a small casserole for 2 for my mom. Thanks for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Alfredo >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >