- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Alfredo
Sort By :
"When I first came across this recipe, I thought that the fusion of chicken Alfredo and Mexican was a bit strange, but it looked so good! I loved how it was creamy, but still had some kick to it. I added green chilies and loved them in there. Now my apartment smells like my dinner!"
"We really liked this dish! I have a friend who thinks everything is hot including salsa so we put sour cream on top and she even thought it was delicious! I was out of milk so I used buttermilk."
"This recipe is a new favorite in our house. I agree with other reviewers and will increase the amount of taco seasoning next time but it was still delicious."
"I made this dish for my family and everyone loved it! Now, it is a favorite of my sisters and she makes it for her friends and family. I made it exactly as stated. Makes yummy leftovers for lunch the next day!"
"Oh so good! I made 1/2 a recipe and changed 2 things...I used leftover chicken (worked very nice) and a 1/2 package of taco seasoning. I will make this again."