Merry Berry Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, toss the first six ingredients.
- In a blender, combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, apple juice concentrate, salt, mustard and onion; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Merry Berry Salad(5)
Sort By :
Everyone loves this salad.
We love this salad! The cranberry viniagrette is simple to make and is simply delicious. This salad has become a Christmas dinner tradition for us, but is wonderful anytime, especially the holiday season. This year I was running very late and didn't have time to make the dressing, so I substituted store-bought raspberry viniagrette. It was not quite as tasty as the cranberry dressing, but still very good!
This is a great salad! The combination of sweet and tart is just right. I have also made the dressing with thawed raspberries when I couldn't find fresh cranberries in the store. It was delicious that way. I almost prefer the raspberries.
This is a WONDERFUL salad! I have served it twice now to rave reviews and many requests for the recipe. It is beautiful to look at and tastes fantastic. The cranberry vinaigrette is perfectly delightful. I mixed fresh spinach and Romaine for the greens. Please try it!
This recipe has become a Christmas tradition at our house its combination of red and green, tart and sweet with nutty roasted almond crunch is the perfect balance of healthy and festive for the holiday. I make the dressing a few days a ahead and it the salads a snap on Christmas Eve!
More Recipe Collections
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >