Dried cranberries, crunchy apple chunks and toasted almonds dress up this crisp green salad. It's drizzled with a sweet-tart dressing that's a snap to blend.
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, toss the first six ingredients.
- In a blender, combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, apple juice concentrate, salt, mustard and onion; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Merry Berry Salad in Quick Cooking December 2000, p47
Reviews for Merry Berry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review