An Asian-style marinade flavors this tender grilled steak from Isabel Fowler of Fairbanks, Alaska. It's an ideal summer entree, but you can enjoy it year-round...just broil it indoors instead.
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Score surface of the steak, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Flank Steak in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p48
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Marinated Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review