- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Score surface of the steak, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Marinated Flank Steak
Sort By :
This has become our favorite steak marinade. Even my picky kids LOVE it and ask for it often. I just love the fresh ginger in the recipe.
The Asian-style marinade is scrumptious and really penetrates into the steak. I broil it in the wintertime with great results.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >