- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the syrup, mustard and tapioca; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until tender. Serve with rice.
- Freeze option: Cool chicken in sauce. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Maple Mustard Chicken
Sort By :
"Easy and tasty. I may try it in the oven next time, since other reviewers seemed to prefer it."
"Made this last night, and although it was easy to fix just wasn't what I had hoped it to be. I didn't care for the flavors at all."
"Easy but not as flavorful as I thought it would be. If I make it again, I would do it on the stovetop and add some cider vinegar as it says to on Cooking Light"
"We did it in the oven and it was delicious! Didn't have time to do slow cooker as it was a last minute dinner, it was really quick and easy."
"Good and easy! I did change the recipe a bit - added salt and a bit of brown sugar, no tapioca, poured it over the chicken and baked it covered at 350 for 1-1/4 hours. Yum!"