Our home economists turn leftovers of a sweet potato side dish into this tasty dessert! It can also be prepared with canned sweet potatoes.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup leftover Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Beat in the sweet potatoes, milk, butter, eggs, nutmeg and salt. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add pecans; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Sprinkle over pie. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple Candied Sweet Potato Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p148
Reviews for Maple Candied Sweet Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review