Mango-Pineapple Chicken Tacos Recipe
I lived in the Caribbean as a child and the fresh tropical fruits in this slow cooker chicken recipe bring me back to my childhood.—Lissa Nelson, Provo, Utah
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple or canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 small Anaheim peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 32 taco shells, warmed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place chicken in a 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and brown sugar. Top with mango mixture. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, reserving mango mixture and 1/2 cup juices. Discard remaining juices. When cool enough to handle, remove chicken from bones; discard bones.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Return chicken and reserved mango mixture and cooking juices to slow cooker; heat through. Serve in taco shells; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Mango-Pineapple Chicken Tacos in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mango-Pineapple Chicken Tacos(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chicken Tacos >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >