Mama's Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 10 medium)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- In a large kettle, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and cool. Peel potatoes; cut into chunks. Separate egg yolks from whites. Set yolks aside. Chop whites and add to potatoes with onion.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; toss well. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with egg slices and paprika. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Mama's Potato Salad(14)
Sort By :
My husband and I loved it. I left out the evaporated milk because we didn't have any, and used red potatoes. Yum yum yum.
This potato salad was just ok, which surprised me after reading all of the great reviews. It seemed to be missing something. I have several other recipes that I prefer over this one.
I just finished making this, took my first taste. It was AWESOME! Will make again and again.
This is the potato salad recipe I've been looking for! It's delicious!
Made it for my boyfriend, roommates and friends for a birthday dinner: WHAT A HIT! As someone who doesn't normally like potatoes or any creamy salad recipe, I loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Father's Day Recipes >