- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix lemon juice and butter. In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Mix parsley and lemon peel; sprinkle over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Parsley Baked Cod
"I followed the recipe exactly, but the fish was soggy and was not done. This recipe needs a longer cooking time. If I made it again and that's a big IF, I would cook for at least 25 minutes."
"I rarely cook fish but I decided that I needed to add more fish to my life. This dish was very good. I made it exactly like the recipe, except that I substituted TOH's California Garlic Pepper Blend rather than lemon pepper. I thought the flavor was very good but the flour was very soggy and didn't brown off even though the fish was done. I would make it again but add the seasonings directly to the fish rather than coat it in the flour."
"This was pretty good, as far as flavored go; however, I saw absolutely no reason for the flour. I enjoyed the topping; will probably add fresh dill next time."
"Thank you for this tasty recipe! My husband and I were both sad to see it dissapear off our plates. I didn't have any paprika but didn't seem to stop us. This is my second time making this recipe. My husband was so eager to get home to this dish. Thank you again (((:"
"Oh my goodness, this was excellent. Our family agreed it was a keeper. I would not change this recipe at all. Also the sauce could be used for any fish recipe-Delicious!!"
"Loved this recipe, not much of a fish eater but trying to expand my palate since my little one is on her way to eat big people food. I thought that the lemon flavor was perfect and it was SO easy to make, even I couldn't mess it up!"
"Much too soggy for my taste. The lemon flavor is nice with cod but I agree with the previous review that it was too strong, imbalanced."
"WAY too much lemon, overpowering. I know I can decrease the amount of lemon but not good otherwise. Won't make again."
"Had neighbors over for this cod...we ALL raved over it...better than I expected! It was to die for! Thanks for a great recipe...Husband says to make it again soon! And... Very hard to screw up!"
"Excellent! Easy to make & really tasty."