Salmon is a popular fish that's rich in nutrients. Seasoned with herbs and lemon juice, these flame broiled steaks are excellent. Sprinkle the hot coats with rosemary for additional flavor or quickly prepare the entree indoors using your broiler. —Robert Bishop Lexington, Kentucky
- 3 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine 4-1/2 teaspoons rosemary, sage, pepper, lemon juice and oil. Drizzle over both sides of salmon steaks. Sprinkle the remaining rosemary over hot coals for added flavor.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon-Herb Grilled Salmon Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review