- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, soy sauce, oil and seasonings.
Stir sauce into beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with green onions.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Korean Beef and Rice
"easy and fast! Excellent taste!"
"This was quick and tasty for a weeknight meal. It had good flavor and the family loved it! Thanks for sharing!"
"The taste was great. It will be on our supper rotation."
"This was wonderful (added some broccoli). Had almost half of it left so I broke up (into large pieces) 2 pkgs. of Maruchan oriental flavored ramen, boiling them in 3 cups (instead of 4) of water in a large saucepan for the required 3 minutes. Didn't have to drain any excess liquid. Added both packets of its seasoning and then mixed in the Korean beef which I had gently reheated in the microwave. Made a great, slightly different, 2nd meal as well. I did the ramen because my son doesn't like reheated white rice. Also, you might be able to get by only using 1 pkt. of the seasoning but I found 2 worked well."
"Favorite! I add more soy sauce and red pepper flakes when it's just hubby and me."
"I also brown the beef in sesame oil and I add broccoli as well. NICE recipe, very flavorful."
"Fast, easy and delicious. My teenagers loved it."
"Very delicious. Next time I will add veggies"