- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, soy sauce, oil and seasonings.
Stir sauce into beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with green onions.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Korean Beef and Rice
"Very delicious. Next time I will add veggies"
"My recipe for this is very similar, but I brown the beef in the sesame oil. My family likes this a lot. They do like a lot more red pepper flakes though."
"Super easy, and really good. Next time I will add broccoli or snow peas."
"Very easy, quick to make and delicious. What a great way to use ground beef. I served it with a side of steamed broccoli."
"Great flavor. Easy to make. A keeper!"
"Really, really good! Great Asian flavor, and super easy."
"Simple, good, and the kids ate it."
"This was very good. A good flavor and will probably make again."
"Winner, winner!!! I will definitely put this recipe in my keeper file. I added a little more red pepper flakes and used more scallions. Thanks for posting!"