- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, soy sauce, oil and seasonings.
Stir sauce into beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with green onions.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Korean Beef and Rice
"Very easy, quick to make and delicious. What a great way to use ground beef. I served it with a side of steamed broccoli."
"Great flavor. Easy to make. A keeper!"
"Really, really good! Great Asian flavor, and super easy."
"This recipe was delicious! The whole family enjoyed it and I loved how quick and easy it was to get on the dinner table. Next time I will be adding broccoli or peppers and onions to the mix."
"Simple, good, and the kids ate it."
"This was very good. A good flavor and will probably make again."
"Winner, winner!!! I will definitely put this recipe in my keeper file. I added a little more red pepper flakes and used more scallions. Thanks for posting!"
"My husband and his aunt made this recipe and it was really good. The only thing we would change would be to make the beef mixture a creamy texture."
"This was way better than I thought it would be. I loved this recipe and told my mom to make it again. I ate the beef with the rice because it tasted better to me.My mom served it with pot stickers and broccoli Zzzzing!amazing recipe.-Joanna, age 9"