Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the egg, rice, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on the rack in a pressure cooker. Combine the soup, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduce.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested at 10/13/15 pounds of pressure (psi).
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 285 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2014
These are great! I have been using this recipe for years. It is very quick and easy to make.
Aug 18, 2011
By the way, I use just normal rice...not instant and it turns out fine! I really don't like instant rice.
Aug 18, 2011
These are fast to make and kids love them. They are so fun! See what your kids think!