Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the egg, rice, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on the rack in a pressure cooker. Combine the soup, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduce.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested at 10/13/15 pounds of pressure (psi).
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 285 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Sep 17, 2014
These are great! I have been using this recipe for years. It is very quick and easy to make.
Aug 18, 2011
By the way, I use just normal rice...not instant and it turns out fine! I really don't like instant rice.
Aug 18, 2011
These are fast to make and kids love them. They are so fun! See what your kids think!