Easy Beef and Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumble beef into an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and heat on high for 9-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 438 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1481mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
May 24, 2012
This was a great recipe. Needed something quick and easy and this was perfect. Had to substitute cream of broccali soup for the cream of celery (I was out) but everyone in the family absolutely loved it. Definately a new family favorite.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.