Takeout Beef Fried Rice
Transform last night's supper into tonight's dinner for six. Hoisin-flavored chuck roast works wonders in this recipe, but you can use flank steak as well. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked beef, sliced across grain into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Whisk eggs until blended; pour into skillet. Mixture should set immediately at edge. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward center, letting uncooked portions flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, remove to a cutting board and chop. Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, sugar snap peas and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Add remaining ingredients and reserved juice; heat through. Gently stir in eggs and drained oranges.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 367 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Take Out Beef Fried Rice in Taste of Home February/March 2017
Jul 12, 2018
Huh? When is the beef introduced? What about the eggs?
Feb 6, 2017
made this with the slow cooked hoisin pot roast, very good will make again. good way to use up shoulder roast