- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled pasta mixture to freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little tomato sauce if necessary. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jiffy Ground Pork Skillet
"I thought it tasted bland also,so I ended up adding some minced garlic, basil and oregano. Then I added about a 1/4 cup monterey jack shredded cheese. Next time I make this, I think Im going to add in a chopped green pepper to see if that would add a better flavor."
"I found this to be rather bland and boring. It wasn't bad, but there are way tastier dishes I could make."
"Excellent weekday meal."
"Easy...I forgot to purchase tomato sauce and added another can of tomatoes instead."
"One of our favorite meals. Easy and delicious."