- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff. Spread heaping teaspoonfuls on the cookies. Make six stacks of cookies; turn stacks on edge and place on a serving platter, forming a 14-in.-long cake.
- Frost top and sides with remaining whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Icebox Cake
Sort By :
This is a great recipe! It's easy to make, has a nice presentation, appeals to a broad range of tastes and will compliment a variety of meals. You just can't go wrong with this one!
They are also around the Vanilla Wafers, usually on the top shelf of the market.
My best friend has made this for years and I could never to this day find those chocalate wafers and still haven't. But thanks to mwaxham I hope I can now. Thank you so much. Now I know where to look for them. I love this dessert......
We've made this recipe for years - have it for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The hardest part is finding the cookies. They are called Famous Cookies and come in a long box. Usually I find them in the ice cream section or near it.
I remember my Mother making this cake and wished she had made it more often. This cake is simple and tastes great