- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 3 thick-sliced bacon strips, cut into quarters
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute corn and onion in drippings until tender.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Place pork in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Top potatoes with pork, corn mixture, bacon, goat cheese and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hungry Man's Baked Potatoes in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potato Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >