Sweet potatoes are topped with bacon, veggies, pulled pork and goat cheese for a unique take on a baked potato dinner.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 3 thick-sliced bacon strips, cut into quarters
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute corn and onion in drippings until tender.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Place pork in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Top potatoes with pork, corn mixture, bacon, goat cheese and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hungry Man's Baked Potatoes in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hungry Man's Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2012