- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, basil, lemon peel, orange peel, garlic and pepper flakes if desired; set aside.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine carrots and 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until tender. Drain. Combine the honey, oil, salt and pepper; stir into carrots.
- Transfer carrots to a serving plate and sprinkle with parsley mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honeyed Carrots with Basil Gremolata in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p121
Reviews for Honeyed Carrots with Citrus-Basil Gremolata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review