- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon of mustard. In another shallow bowl, combine honey and remaining mustard. Dip chicken in honey-mustard mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Breaded Chicken
Sort By :
Very good. I have made it with bottled ranch dressing when I didn't have an envelope and it turned out just as good (I used about 1T of bottled ranch). I've found with any recipe that you pan fry that if you put it in the fridge for about 15 mins, the coating sticks better while cooking.
Great flavor. I loved it. Next time I might try adding a little garlic.
The coating doesn't stay on and it's a bit mushy. If I used oil instead of butter so I could get the pan real hot then it probably would be better. If I try it again, I will put the butter in the sauce and bake it. The flavor was fine though.
Would have liked it to turn out a little more crispy, slightly "mushy." Probably just need to perfect the cooking based off of my skillet/heat. Will make again as it was nice taste and good change of pace.
I needed something different and this was a good one to make. Very tasty and will make it again
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >