- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 6 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup rice mix (above)
- Combine all ingredients in a storage container with a tight-fitting lid. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
- To prepare rice as a side dish: Combine 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in one rounded cup of rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix(6)
Sort By :
This recipe is okay. I didn't think it had enough seasoning. I might actually add more bouillon granules next time.
This recipe is a great idea! I only changed the garlic powder to 1 tsp. The rice is flavorful but not overwhelming. I served this side dish with chicken and it was absolutely delicious! A keeper!
This is a staple in our household! Complements everything, especially chicken or fish and fresh veggies.
It was bit salty so I think I'll cut the seasonings down next time, but will for sure make again!
To reduce the sodium in this, and not lose a bit of the flavor, just sub the 6 t of chicken bouillion crystals for 2 envelopes of Herbox Low , or no, sodium chicken flavor packets. You can cook the rice mix in water, with just 1 t of salt added, but really it is not needed, and you'll never miss it. You can also get blow sodium beef crystals.