Herb-Crusted Roast Beef Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4-1/2 to 5 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2-1/3 cups water, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place roast with fat side up in ungreased roasting pan. Combine the next five ingredients; pour over roast. Combine parsley, basil, salt, pepper, tarragon and thyme; rub over roast.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a warm serving platter. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 2 tablespoons. In a large saucepan, combine flour, bouillon and 1 cup water until smooth. Gradually stir in the drippings, reserved fat and remaining water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Roast Beef
Sort By :
"I saw garlic cloves, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce in the ingredients but they never mentioned where and how to use them on the recipe."
"This has great flavor and a nice change from the usual dry onion soup type roast recipes. The gravy I made from the drippings was outstanding."
"Flavor OK, but meat was tough. I used a bottom round roast, as indicated, and followed recipe exactly, cooking to medium (160 F.) Won't make again."
"Outstanding. Followed recipe exactly and cooked to Med-Rare"
"my boyfriends whole family all loved it"