- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Add vinegar, tossing with a fork to moisten. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- For filling, place 1 pint of blueberries over crust. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over blueberries. Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven; arrange and press remaining berries in a single layer over top. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Heavenly Blueberry Tart
"Best blueberry Tart ever according to my husband...this is now his new birthday cake request!! Used blueberries freshly picked from our garden!"
"Healthy and tasty! All liked it!"
"Very easy to make. I made this for the 4th of July. Just delicious!! I reduced to cooking time about 10 minutes. I plan to make this again."
"Perfect and easy dessert to make; love the blend of cooked and uncooked berries!"