Mmmm—this tart is bursting with the fresh flavor of blueberries! "Not only do I bake the berries with the crust," describes Lyin Schramm of Berwick, Maine, "but after I take the tart out of the oven, I top it with just-picked fruit."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Add vinegar, tossing with a fork to moisten. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- For filling, place 1 pint of blueberries over crust. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over blueberries. Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven; arrange and press remaining berries in a single layer over top. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Heavenly Blueberry Tart in Country Woman July/August 1996, p11
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Heavenly Blueberry Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review