Blueberry Rhubarb Country Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour. Add rhubarb and blueberries; toss to coat. Spoon filling over pastry to within 2 in. of edge. Fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving a 4-in. opening in the center. Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Transfer tart to a wire rack to cool.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 290 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 10, 2019
ok - I made a few changes - but - my husband has always sworn that he hates rhubarb, and he loved this. My changes include substituting frozen blackberries (thawed) for the blueberries, adding one and one half teaspoon of ground anis to the fruit, and using stevia instead of sugar with the fruit.