- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine onion, saltines, egg substitute and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into five patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove patties and keep warm; discard drippings.
- Combine water, soup mix and flour; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Return patties to skillet. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Salisbury Steaks
Sort By :
Best I've made
This recipe is definitely a KEEPER! What a wonderful down-home meal! I served this with the Flavorful Mashed Potatoes recipe and some steamed mixed veggies, and it was just delightful! My husband loved it, and so did my kids...even my picky 7-year old! I used Laura's Lean Beef (96% lean ground beef, hormone free) for an even leaner, lighter-calorie steak. I used liquid egg whites instead of egg substitute (to avoid all those artificial ingredients), and I used heart-healthy olive oil instead of canola oil. I also sprinkled in a little Nature's Seasons seasoning blend into the patty mixture for added seasoning. It was amazing!
My entire family loved this recipe, even my picky 7 year old!
Super delicious! Even my pickiest eaters at home gobbled them up. Nothing left but a bit of gravy, so...biscuits and gravy for breakfast!
These are fantastic! Instead of 1 lb of beef. I mixed 1/2 lb ground beef with 1/2 lb groiund turkey. I added 1 tsp of McCormicks Grillmates "Monteal Steak" Otherwise, followed the recipe. My husband said this was the best Salisbury Steak he has ever eaten. My two teenage boys thought the gravy was fantastic, unfortunately not alot of graby once it thickens etc.. next time I will double the gravy. I kept basting them with the gravy and don't mash them down with your spatula!!! Happy eating!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >