Hearty Bean Bake Recipe
Because it makes such a big batch, this popular four-bean bake is perfect for potlucks...but I like to serve it with rolls and a salad at home too. We take the leftovers for lunch during the week. -Barb Wilkin Coshocton, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in bacon and beans. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, honey and vinegar. Pour over the bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes; stir before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Bean Bake in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p37
Reviews for Hearty Bean Bake(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2011
It was excellent.
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2009
Which Taste of Home issue was this from? My friend keeps the magazines but can't remember which issue. She thought it might have been from 2008.
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2008