Hearty Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. Dutch oven. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Baked Beans(8)
Sort By :
Excellent though a little sweet. I used regular bbq sauce.
Make this quite often. Got this recipe from the origional crockpot cookbook that came with crockpot back in the 70's. Was called "one pot meal". Must add the vinegar, this is crucial to the proper taste. You can also add shoepeg corn for a twist.
Brought these to a pig roast and they were a huge success!! Nothing left but the bottom of the pot!!
I agree--best baked beans ever!! Very yummy along with Homemade Italian Sausage, redskin potato salad, and corn on the cob. A great holiday picnic combo!
That`s was very tasty, but I put less onion ( be ready onion by the recipe will be almost raw when you will take out of your oven!) and I used simple barbecue sauce because it will be plenty sweet no need additional sweetness.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Side Dishes >