This saucy dish is flavorful and filling, chock-full of ground beef, bacon and four varieties of beans. I've had the recipe for over 10 years and make it often for big appetites at home and potlucks at work and church. —Cathy Swancutt, Junction City, Oregon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. Dutch oven. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Baked Beans in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p31
Reviews for Hearty Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review