- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk powder, water, cream cheese, parsley and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; add to cream cheese mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ground Turkey Noodle Bake
Sort By :
"I double this, use evaporated milk in place of the dry milk and water, and my family loves it."
"Very tasty, My family enjoyed this recipe."
"This was very good. I did add a bit more italian seasoning."
"I didn't have any turkey defrosted, but used Jimmy Dean regular sausage instead. Didn't have powdered milk, so used 1/2 cup 2% milk instead and increased the cream cheese to 6 oz. and used two cloves of garlic too! My daughter who's been a bit pickey LOVED it!"
"I made the recipe exactly as written and thought it was a great meal! My husband really liked it too. I recommend it!"