- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk powder, water, cream cheese, parsley and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; add to cream cheese mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ground Turkey Noodle Bake
Sort By :
"I made some alterations: I have three teenagers, so I doubled the recipe, using a full 16oz bag of whole wheat egg noodles and cooking in a 9x13 pan. Dry milk is expensive and in a huge box and I simply don't need it, so I substituted a full can of skim evaporated milk for the dry-milk-and-water. Just one can works for the doubled recipe. I also shook in some creole seasoning to the tomato-sauce-and-turkey cooking time, and kept the mozarella cheese to the same amount as the original recipe. It was fabulous and there was barely any left for my husband's lunch the next day."
"Very tasty, My family enjoyed this recipe."
"This was very good. I did add a bit more italian seasoning."
"I didn't have any turkey defrosted, but used Jimmy Dean regular sausage instead. Didn't have powdered milk, so used 1/2 cup 2% milk instead and increased the cream cheese to 6 oz. and used two cloves of garlic too! My daughter who's been a bit pickey LOVED it!"
"I made the recipe exactly as written and thought it was a great meal! My husband really liked it too. I recommend it!"