Ground Beef Baked Beans Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Transfer to two greased 2-qt. baking dishes. Cover and freeze one dish for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the second dish at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (10-12 servings each).
Reviews for Ground Beef Baked Beans
Sort By :
"Only made half the recipe because only had that much beef and pork and beans. Loved it. Was a little nervous about that much ground mustard, but turned out really good. The kids were arguing about who got the leftovers the next day. We put it on a toasted ciabatta roll too. Definitely will make again."
"I would not freeze this dish as the recipe suggested. Freezing changes th consistency of the beans to mush."
"Loved this recipe! We are a large family that has a weekly Bible study with another large family and I made this last night for our dinner. Everyone loved it and we have leftovers for lunch today. I did use the 1/4 cup of ground mustard as it stated and it was delicious! Great flavor and I'll be passing this recipe along!"
"Made this recipe to try something different. It has a very strong flavor. Was slightly confused on ground mustard. 1/4 cup sounded like way too much unless it was supposed to be prepared mustard. I put only a small amount of both in this dish. Also did not have cloves but I don't think it would have changed how we did or didn't like it. I would not make this again."