Ground Beef Baked Beans Recipe
- 3 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 4 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Transfer to two greased 2-qt. baking dishes. Cover and freeze one dish for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the second dish at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (10-12 servings each).
Reviews for Ground Beef Baked Beans
Sort By :
Only made half the recipe because only had that much beef and pork and beans. Loved it. Was a little nervous about that much ground mustard, but turned out really good. The kids were arguing about who got the leftovers the next day. We put it on a toasted ciabatta roll too. Definitely will make again.
I would not freeze this dish as the recipe suggested. Freezing changes th consistency of the beans to mush.
Loved this recipe! We are a large family that has a weekly Bible study with another large family and I made this last night for our dinner. Everyone loved it and we have leftovers for lunch today. I did use the 1/4 cup of ground mustard as it stated and it was delicious! Great flavor and I'll be passing this recipe along!
Made this recipe to try something different. It has a very strong flavor. Was slightly confused on ground mustard. 1/4 cup sounded like way too much unless it was supposed to be prepared mustard. I put only a small amount of both in this dish. Also did not have cloves but I don't think it would have changed how we did or didn't like it. I would not make this again.