"I serve this hearty ground beef and bean bake with a tossed salad and some crusty bread for a balanced one-pot meal," relates Louann Sherbach of Wantagh, New York. "It's nice to have this casserole in the freezer for those nights when there's no time to cook."
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Transfer to two greased 2-qt. baking dishes. Cover and freeze one dish for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the second dish at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (10-12 servings each).
Originally published as Ground Beef Baked Beans in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p49
Reviews for Ground Beef Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review