- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (8-10 ounces)
- 10 fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade for basting. Add shrimp to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- On each of 10 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, alternately thread one shrimp, one pineapple chunk and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 2 minutes. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Appetizer Kabobs
Sort By :
Shrimp is superb when grilled. You could also substitute the pineapple chunks for other seasonal fruits like fresh peaches or nectarines.
These were really pretty tasty!
Have made these twice now. I only used the shrimp alone and my husband couldn't stop eating them! Great taste and nice not to have breading for a change. Would highly recommend to all shrimp lovers.
Very Good! Made these for dinner last night served with Jasmine Rice. I used medium shrimp - 2 1/2 dozen. With rice and a salad, it makes a light summer meal.