- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix, egg and butter. Stir in the corn, chilies, cheese and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and honey. Serve with warm bread. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Corn Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p14
Reviews for Green Chili Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2011
"Moist, with lots of flavor and just the right amount of heat. I often make this as mini-muffins for potlucks, and always get asked for the recipe."
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2010
"Our family - even the people who do not normally favor cornbread - love this recipe!"