My family eats these all the time, and the pancakes don't even taste like they're full of fresh veggies. We especially like the cheese mixed in. —Peggy Roos, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Oil for frying
- Cracked black pepper and sour cream, optional
- In a strainer or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, salt, pepper and basil until blended. Stir in onion, potato, carrot, corn, cheese and zucchini.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, drop vegetable mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; press to flatten slightly. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If desired, sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve with sour cream. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Garden Potato Pancakes in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Reviews for Garden Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review