- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Oil for frying
- Cracked black pepper and sour cream, optional
- In a strainer or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, salt, pepper and basil until blended. Stir in onion, potato, carrot, corn, cheese and zucchini.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, drop vegetable mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; press to flatten slightly. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If desired, sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve with sour cream. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Garden Potato Pancakes
Sort By :
"Excellent taste! I used 1 medium Zucchini to 2 medium potatoes & 3 medium carrots. I left out the corn because I did not have any. We absolutely loved these! Excellent taste combo. I did have some issues getting them crisp & I think I would do oven fried next time. But ohhh what a lovely taste! Thanks for the excellent recipe!"
"These are really good and freeze well too. The only changes I made was adding a generous dash of garlic powder and instead of frying, cooked them on our George Foreman Grill sprayed with Pam for Grilling. Done in no time and saved calories that frying would have added."
"I wonder if you could do these in the oven and avoid frying?"
"These were very good.. Added some garlic and parsley. Also added some grated parmesan cheese. Will make again."
"It's a good thing I "over estimated"'what I needed as these were gone very quickly. A nice twist on potato pancakes"