Garden Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Oil for frying
- Cracked black pepper and sour cream, optional
- In a strainer or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, salt, pepper and basil until blended. Stir in onion, potato, carrot, corn, cheese and zucchini.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, drop vegetable mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; press to flatten slightly. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If desired, sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve with sour cream. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Garden Potato Pancakes(10)
Sort By :
These were very good.. Added some garlic and parsley. Also added some grated parmesan cheese. Will make again.
It's a good thing I "over estimated"'what I needed as these were gone very quickly. A nice twist on potato pancakes
My family liked this, but we would prefer a more even ratio of potatoes to zucchini. The amounts of corn and carrot were fine.
Very tasty! I only had one zucchini and parm instead of cheddar, but this tasted great and came together well. Made too much for a family of four though, would cut in half next time, esp since they are fried in oil.
I changed it up JUST a little - no onion (but used onion powder) added some garlic powder and used cheddar/jack and parmesan cheeses instead.. but LOVED it! Will definitely make this one again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >