Looking for a way to dress up fresh green beans in a flash? Try the tasty medley of flavors in this easy recipe. If you don't have sherry vinegar for the tangy sauce, try using cider or wine vinegar instead. —Judy Ferril, Shorewood, Minnesota
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the red pepper, onions and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain beans; stir into vegetable mixture. Add the vinegar, basil, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Medley in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p57
Reviews for Fresh Green Bean Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review