- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the red pepper, onions and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain beans; stir into vegetable mixture. Add the vinegar, basil, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Green Bean Medley
"This recipe is a keeper! Rave reviews from my dinner guests. I omitted the vinegar (my husband thinks all vinegars are kryptonite) and added 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano and a scant tablespoon of dried parsley. This was easy to do for guests. I set everything up ahead of time by chopping the veggies into the skillet and measuring the seasonings in a separate prep bowl. Then it was just a quick job at the stove putting it together just before serving."
"Very tasty, and pretty easy too. Paired it with Turkey Scallopini from healthy Cooking, and it was delicious! A keeper...I love new side dish recipes."
"This is delicious! I didn't make any modifications. I also thought it looked great presentation wise. I can't wait to make it for dinner guests or for the holidays."