I dip my French Toast Sandwiches into eggnog to give them a distinctive flavor and serve them on Christmas. They've become a tasty holiday tradition for the family to enjoy while we sit around the table opening our stocking gifts. —Deborah Fagan, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Place two slices of Canadian bacon and one slice of cheese on each of six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Place eggnog in a shallow dish. Dip sandwiches in eggnog.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Serve with strawberry preserves. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as French Toast Sandwiches in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p12
Reviews for French Toast Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review