- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Place two slices of Canadian bacon and one slice of cheese on each of six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Place eggnog in a shallow dish. Dip sandwiches in eggnog.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Serve with strawberry preserves. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for French Toast Sandwiches
Sort By :
"I can't tell you how many times we've made this as it's that successful and delicious!!! We're going to make homemade eggnog so it doesn't have to be a season treat! Tasty with or without the preserves, but they do add a nice sweet touch to the saltiness of the Canadian bacon."
"This is to die for!! I made this for a ladies brunch at my home and everyone wanted the recipe. Twelve ladies still talk about this delicious brunch at my home. A real hit for me."
"I changed a few things when I made this, I used ham slices and ketchup instead of strawberry preserves, and canadian bacon."
"Re: I love french toast and eggnog,I will certainly try it. Thanksdianec"
"Mmmmm, I hadn't thought about egg nog! I will certainly try it. Thanks!"